Buhoma Lodge commands spectacular views of the Bwindi Impenetrable Forest National Park. They have created an intimate, top quality lodge offering guests a cosy, relaxing environment. On occasion Mountain Gorillas have even been seen in the garden and clients have the opportunity to view them either at their cottages or in the restaurant !
On arrive at Buhoma you will be welcomed ‘home’ by their friendly staff. At this lodge you relax, enjoy the surroundings and take home wonderful memories.
After a hard day trekking gorillas, put your feet up and relax by taking advantage of the deep, comfortable couches of our lounge, or perhaps enjoy a few drinks at the bar – getting to know new friends and sharing the day’s experiences. In the early mornings, as you awaken, you will be surrounded by the chattering of birds, and occasional screech of a monkey – sometimes the eerie mists of the forest envelope you, and the sounds almost echo…other days it’s beautiful, crisp and bright, as the forest wakes. Their elevated lounge and bar area is cosy with an inviting and warm fireplace in the evenings – but is open, so you can enjoy uninterrupted views of the forests, and feel like you are part of the surroundings.
Eight comfortable cottages have been carefully built from local materials. Each suite has a private verandah and enormous windows, allowing guests spectacular views of the forest canopy and the Bwindi National Park. The lounge area, complete with bar and dining facilities, offers a cosy place to discuss the day’s activities.
They have designed the lodge using sustainable local materials where possible, with the emphasis being on natural products, which has, in turn, given support to the local communities. Solar power is used inside the cottages for lighting, with a central area available for recharging videos and cameras.
Inside the spacious cottages you will find comfortable beds, a well appointed en suite bathroom with flushing toilet and a hot shower (there is a special treat in store
for honeymooners!). Their bar has a selection of local and imported beverages, and with their friendly staff they will always look forward to discussing the day’s activities with you.
Meals are freshly prepared from local produce, offering a balance of international and local cuisine. Hot beverages are available throughout the day on a self-service basis, but morning tea or coffee is brought to your cottage, allowing you to savour the early morning sounds of the forest as it awakens.
Directions to this beautiful lodge
2–3 hours from QENP (Ishasha sector) Full day drive from Entebbe & Kampala
6–7 hours drive from Lake Mburo National Park Direct charter flights to a nearby airstrip.
Additional Activities :
- Mountain gorilla tracking
- Forest walks in the Bwindi Impenetrable Forest
- Bird-watching walks in the forest with local qualified guides
- Birding around the lodge
- Community walk through the local village (guided)
- Visit to the Bwindi Community Hospital – which forms part of our social responsibility programme
- Visit the Batwa Pygmy tribe and learn about their unique culture
- Visit the local orphanage and school, who benefit from direct contributions from guests in the area
- Curio shopping in the village
- Massages are available at the lodge
At a glance
- located on the edge of Bwindi Impenetrable Forest
- 8 comfortable cottages with en suite flush toilet, hot showers and some with bath-tubs
- all rooms are insect proof
- cosy dining and bar area with elevated views of the forest
- activities include gorilla tracking, forest walks, birding and cultural interaction
- central recharging facilities available – 2-pin & square (UK) 3-pin 240v
- safety deposit boxes available in all cottages
- children and families welcome
General information – Temperatures
Uganda has a temperate climate all year round, 25–30 oC during the day and 5–10 oC at night. Evenings at Bwindi can be chilly primarily due to the altitude, just over 1 160m asl at the lodge with the highest point in the park being 2 607m asl.