Once-in-a-lifetime encounters with Uganda’s endangered gorillas await when you stay in one of these only eight private luxury tents in the heart of the Bwindi Impenetrable Forest.
Ecologically respectful, contemporary-yet-classic in style, Sanctuary Gorilla Forest Camp blends insensitively with the dramatic African mountain landscape and, situated uniquely inside the national park, you are only minutes away from the start of your gorilla trekking adventure.
WHY SANCTUARY GORILLA FOREST CAMP
- Frequently visited by gorilla families due to its unique location
- Exclusive camp with only eight tents, the perfect base for a once in a lifetime trip to track mountain gorillas
- Opportunity for community interaction, including the local Batwa Pygmies
- Specially customised sedan chairs with support and harness allows less able guests to be carried into the rainforest to track the gorillas in their natural habitat
- An established philanthropy project at Bwindi Community Hospital which guests can visit
SANCTUARY RETREATS PHILANTHROPY (SRP)
Sanctuary Gorilla Forest Camp is proud to be involved with the Bwindi Community Hospital and Victory School in the area, supporting them through various projects.
HIGH-DRAMA ACCOMMODATION FOR A HIGH-DRAMA LOCATION
Located in one of the remotest areas of Africa, these comfortable canvas spaces are dressed with indigenous prints and furniture made from natural materials. Beds are draped in neutral-toned linens, and local artefacts set a scene that ensures memorable moments both inside and out the accommodation. Each tent has a spacious, stone-walled bathroom with private sections, and a free-standing bath for a relaxing soak after a day’s trekking. The trees around the camp light up in the morning when the sun starts shining, and thanks to there being so few tents, the camp retains an intimate, exclusive feel, enabling you to experience Africa’s magic with the lightest of footprints yet with practically every mod con.