5 Days Chimpanzee trekking & wildlife safari to Kibale and Queen Elizabeth National Parks
5 days tailor made tours | with chimpanzee trekking
5 Days chimpanzee trekking experience [Kibale Forest]
- Day 1: Transfer to Kibale National Park [chimpanzee trekking]
- Day 2: Chimpanzee trekking in kibale national park and swamp walk in the afternoon .
- Day 3: Transfer to Queen Elizabeth National Park
- Day 4: Have a morning game drive & a boat cruise
- Day 5: Visit crater lakes region and Lake Katwe salt lake
Brief about the safari.
The safari starts and ends in Kampala/ Entebbe , it include 1 chimpanzee permit worth $150 included in the final cost. While on this tour you explore the to two major national national parks in Western part of Uganda that’s kibale national park and Queen Elizabeth national park to track chimpanzees and also view many wildlife species .Queen Elizabeth national park is located in the western part of the country and is the most beautiful national park which was named at the Queen of England; Elizabeth the third. It covers an area of 1,978 sq. meters and is just 376 kilometers away from Kampala and only 273km from Mbarara Town which referred to as the land of Milk and Honey . The park was also founded in 1952 and was named Kazinga National park before it was formalized as Queen Elizabeth National Park. The beauty of this park it has variety of wildlife species including; 500 bird species, 95 mammals and while doing a boat cruise on the Kazinga channel client have the best experience sighting lots of Hippos and some animals coming down for water.
Kibale National Park is located in western Uganda and it’s one of the greatest rain forest in Africa. It has an altitude of 3,300 meters above the sea level. This national park is famous for the chimpanzees and many other primate species. Kibale National park is also known to having over 13 primates species at ranked number in Africa. Chimpanzees communities can overlap to over over 100 individuals and each group has got a complicated social structure. Each group has got an adult male and this is the Alpha who is the in charge of the group
Transfer to Kibale National Park
Early morning , we will drive to Kibale Forest National Park. Have lunch in Fort portal, a town named after Sir. Gerald Portal, a British Special Commissioner for Uganda, whose statue graces the main road of the town . You a chance to visit some of the scenic crater lakes region and get chance to check out the terraced tea states. Later on, proceed back to the lodge to relax for the evening and enjoy your dinner as you a wait chimpanzee trekking for the next day.
- Luxury: kyaninga Lodge .
- Mid-range: Chimpanzee Forest Guest/ Kibale forest camp
- Budget: Kibale Forest camp Tents
After breakfast we visit Kibale Forest National Park, which is reputed to have the greatest variety and highest concentration of primates in East Africa. The most famous of its 13 species is the Chimpanzee, our closest relative. Kibale 1450 Chimpanzee represent Uganda’s largest population of this endangered primate. Kibale is also a home to the rare I’Hoest’s monkey. Other primates include the black and white Colobus, Blue monkey, Grey cheeked mangabey, Red tailed monkey, Olive baboon to mention but a few. So you will enjoy a guided nature walk in the tropical rainforest in search of the wild chimpanzees, red-tailed monkeys, black and white colobus monkeys and many others.
Later in the afternoon, you will visit Bigodi swamp which is also good for watching primates and birds. It’s mainly maintained by the local people and they earn a living from there. You will enjoy many bird species here including; the great blue turuco, and many more, the other primate species to view here include; the baboons, mongoose, otters, bush pigs as well as the bush bucks.
- Luxury: Ndali Lodge
- Mid-range: Chimpanzee Forest Guest
- Budget: Kibale Forest camp
Transfer to Queen Elizabeth National Park
Have breakfast early in the morning, and transfer to Queen Elizabeth National Park, you will have a stopover at the Equator which is 38 km from congo Boarder and then access Queen Elizabeth national Park which overlooks the Rwenzori mountains ; commonly known as the mountains of the moon. The park is bordered by Lake George in the north east and Lake Edward in the south west. Get a chance to view many animal species including; the kobs, , elephants, tree climbing lions, giant forest hog, buffalos, and the birds.
Later in the afternoon, we have an optional evening game drive within the northern part of the park, you will as well visit the baboon cliff which is famous for the beautiful scenery as well as good views of mountain Rwenzori. You will view many wildlife species as listed above . Return to your lodge for dinner.
- Luxury: Mweya safari Lodge
- Midrange: Kyambura Game lodge
- Budget: Bush lodge
Morning game drive & a boat cruise
We can choose to have breakfast and then proceed to the park to engage in an early morning game drive to view the early morning risers in kasenyi track, get chance to view many animal including; lions sometime in trees, elephants, Hards buffalos, kobs, waterbucks , etc. these animals can be view at a closer range. Return to the lodge for breakfast if we didn’t have it before the drive and lunch as you prepare to enjoy a boat cruise along the Kazinga channel, were your eyes will be fed with variety of water birds and different schools of Hippos. After return to the lodge for your dinner and overnight.
- Luxury: Mweya safari Lodge
- Midrange: Kyambura game lodge
- Budget: Simba safari camp
Visit crater lakes region and Lake Katwe salt lake
Have breakfast early enough and after proceed to visit the crater lakes region as well as lake katwe which is a salt lake. You will view the salt works that are going on this lake and this mine is the oldest mine in Uganda an actually this is the biggest salt lake in the East African region . After this, transfer to kampala with a stopover in Mbarara for lunch and later at the Equator in Mpigi then to Airport.
END OF SAFARI
- Simba safari camp
- Bush lodge
- Kibale Forest camp
- Chimpanzee Forest Guest/ Kibale forest camp
- Kyambura Game lodge
- Mweya safari Lodge
- Ndali Lodge
- kyaninga Lodge .
- photography and touring,
- Chimpanzee trekking permits.
- full board accommodation,
- Full time English speaking professional driver/guide,
- All tour activities as detailed in the itinerary,
- Bottled water while on safari,
- Transport 4×4 safari Van.
- Pre and post accommodation can as well be arranged on request,
- Laundry services,
- Beverages/ drinks,
- international flights,
- Items of a personal nature,
- optional activities and any other extras not detailed in the above itinerary
Savanna Game Drive / Boat Ride / Photography / Scenic Drive / Nature Discovery / Outdoor Adventures
Leisure / Photography / African Safari / Outdoor Adventures / Wildlife / Savanna Safari
Spectacular Scenery / Safari Lodges / Off the beaten track
Other Tailor-Made Tours
- UWEC Zoo Entebbe Excursion
- Ngamba Island Chimp Sanctuary Day Tour
- Kampala City Tour
- Jinja Nile White Water Rafting Day Tour
- Mabamba Swamp Shoebill Birding Day Tour
- 3 Day Murchison Falls Safari, BIG 5 Tour
- 3 Day Bwindi Gorilla Tracking Safari
- 4 Day Queen Elizabeth N. Park Wildlife Safari
- 7 Days Chimpanzee Safari & Wildlife Tour
- 9 Days Gorilla Trekking & Primates Safari
- 9 Days Savanna Safari & Gorilla Trekking
- 11 Days Primates & wildlife of Uganda & Rwanda
- 12 Days Uganda Birding Safari Tour
- 13 Days Classic Uganda Safari Adventure
- 18 Days Discover Uganda Safari Tour