Wild Discoveries safaris Terms & Conditions
Our dear clients, we encourage you to go through our terms and conditions. Confirming an expedition with Wild Discoveries safaris we hope that you have read, fully understand and accept our terms and conditions described below.
- Provided itineraries are given to the best of Wild Discoveries Safaris’ knowledge and based on the clients request with the up to date information in the field. We are not responsible neither reliable to modified information from third parties.
- Our packages are subject to availability and not guaranteed until confirmed. Many lodges, hotels, Guest houses offered by Wild Discoveries Safaris have limited capacity and therefore it is essential to make reservations well in advance of your planned adventure.
- Reservation of gorilla permits and domestic flights requires full names as they appear in passport, your nationality and passport number.
- In case of special medical care, diet to disabilities and any other need, we request our dear clients to clarify with us before confirming a safari as this would enable Wild discoveries safaris to meet all the requests.
- Wild Discoveries Safaris Ltd provides transportation in 4×4 Land cruisers and 4×4 safari Vans, accommodation bookings based on the agreed travel plan.
- Reservation changes in any way, Wild discoveries safaris will make the preferred adjustments where practicable, possible and confirm accordingly. We reserve the right to charge an amendment fee relative to the actual costs, which will be added to the total invoice and all this shall depend on the availability i.e. Gorilla permits and Chimpanzee permits.
- We reserve the right to change and re-adjust the tour schedule, transportation, accommodation and services indicated in the itinerary in the event of unforeseen circumstances before arrival. Any changes to the itinerary will be communicated to the client as soon as possible before the client’s arrival in the country.
- safari price quotes are based on the itinerary with inclusions and exclusions: These are overnight in hotels, guesthouses and lodges:
- Inclusions: Airport transfers, accommodations, all meals as indicated, park entrance fees and ranger fees, ground transportation (4×4 land cruisers/ 4×4 safari Vans ), English speaking driver/guides and bottled mineral water in the vehicle.)
- Expenses that are not covered normally include the following: Flights: international and domestic, Visa fees USD50 Ugandan then African Visa USD100, Meals not mentioned in the itinerary, Drinks minus Bottled drinking water provided in the vehicle, Tips for the guides and accommodation staff, Laundry, Travel insurance and other items of a personal nature.
- Website prices or quotes to our clients are subject to change without notice and are not guaranteed until confirmation from Wild Discoveries safaris in writing.
- Payment can be made by bank transfer or cash, online payments (PESAPAL) before the start of the safari. Note that payments by VISA card/ Online attract a 5% service charge.
- All safaris will be booked and confirmed only upon receipt of a 30% deposit of the basic program rate. For gorilla permits, a full advance payment of the permit fee is required in order to make the reservation.
- The payment balance is due no later than 30 days prior to the safari unless agreed otherwise.
- Bookings made within 30 days before arrival must be paid in full at the time of confirmation.
- If payment is not received in accordance with the above, Wild Discoveries has the right to cancel the booking.
Cancellations received will be subject to the following forfeit of tour cost:
- 25% charge of the total price for cancellations
- 29 days before arrival 50% charge
- 14 days before arrival 75% charge
- 7 days before arrival 100% charge
Wild Discoveries Safaris reserves the right to deduct all expenses incurred from money paid.
- Gorilla permits and Domestic tickets are 100% non-refundable.
- No refunds will be made for any unused services, late arrival or no-show of any of the members of the tour.
With the exceptional for verifiable extenuating circumstances, refunds are not made for any missed tour services. Check out our Limits of Responsibility. For verifiable claims to be considered, they must be received in writing within 30 days of the termination of the tour. Any adjustment considered will be based on the actual cost of the services involved and not on a per all basis. Adjustments will not be made for unused sightseeing trips or meals. Liability for any complaints not notified in accordance with the above-described procedure cannot be accepted.
- Wild discoveries safaris shall not be liable for any loss, damage or injury of any nature whatsoever whether to person or property.
- Wild Discoveries Safaris cannot be held responsible for the direct or indirect costs of loss or damage to baggage or personal possessions while on the safari.
- Wild Discoveries safaris cannot accept liability or pay compensation for unforeseen circumstances beyond the control of the company or its staff, including flight delays/cancellations or force such as war or threat of war, riots, civil disturbances, terrorist acts, border closure, acts of government or other authorities, strikes, thefts, epidemics, road closures, industrial disputes, natural or nuclear disaster, extreme weather conditions, fire, technical and/or mechanical problems to transport and all similar events beyond the company’s control.
- Wild Discoveries safaris strongly advise clients to obtain comprehensive travel insurance before coming to Uganda. Local evacuation coverage is available in the unlikely event of a medical emergency while on safari with Wild discoveries safaris. It’s in our powers to ensure that all confirmed safari requirements are done and services offered accordingly. However, the company does not have direct control of the provision of services by suppliers and, whilst every supplier is chosen with the utmost care, Wild discoveries Safaris does not accept liability for errors or omissions of such suppliers.
Depending on the itinerary selected, optional activities will be available at some of the places you will visit. Some of these activities carry with them the inherent risk of serious personal injury. These activities include, but are not necessarily limited to: Walking safaris, Horseback tours, canoe, boat and white-water rafting trips, primate tracking and hiking. You should aware of your personal safely once such activity is taken.
Thank for going through our Terms and Conditions